Harry Potter and Hunger Games readers ? Fantasy fans ? Lovers of fictional worlds that unfold on cinema screens or smartphones, on the pages of a book or in video games, on role-playing games? Author of poetry, manga or fanfiction on Wattpad? Or simply curious about contemporary literary phenomenons, as well as older literary phenomenons that you met in high school? You might like this Bachelor’s degree in Literature…
What are the specificites of this Bachelor’s Degree?
- It answers the proximity mission fixed by the University of Nîmes since its creation, and offers a general and large formation allowing students to unfold their projects
- It offers shared teachings, for a larger openness: our Bachelor’s Degree couses schedule is stongly linked to those of the English and Spanish deparment’s Bachelor’s degrees, to bring together literary, linguistic and cultural skills and knowledge.
- It gives an important place to modern languages, thanks to the language teachings but also to the bilingual courses given in English or Spanish, in the courses shared with the English or Spanish Bachelors.
- It offers to work on literature globalisation, opening to new corpuses (especially what’s called “mass literature”) and to other supports than books and novels (cinema, series, comic books, video games…).
What courses can be taken?
What are we learning there?
Following this courses leads to the acquisition of a solid literary culture, a high level of written and oral expression, methodological & linguistic skills, a diversified general culture, a detailed knowledge of the targeted professional fields and the tools indispensable for professional integration, thanks to internships in companies.
What professional fields does this degree lead to?
The Bachelor’s Degree in Literature, aims to integrate its students in two main fields, made explicit by the two pre-professionalization pathways proposed during the third year, “Teaching and research professions” and “Culture and media professions”.The pre-professionalization courses are oriented towards understanding the issues specific to teaching professions, cultural creative industries professions, book, publishing and conservation professions, and journalism professions. The skills related to these different fields are acquired through an historicisation of uses and a reflection on practices. Internships are a time of observation and analysis for students, who must write a critical feedback in a dissertation.
What kind of studies can I pursue after this degree?
- MEEF Master (to go toward teaching contests such as CRPE, CAPES, or the Agrégation)
- Reasearch Master
- Master in Book Professions, Cultural Studies, Cultural Mediation, Communication…
- Master Humanities and Creative Industries (“Master Fiction” from the University of Nîmes, see http://masterfiction.unimes.fr)
- Journalism schools